A nonprofit corporation must file an annual report with the Secretary of State:
- On or before February 1 of each year. (The first annual report is due in the year following that in which the nonprofit corporation was initially registered with the Secretary of State.)
- On the form prescribed by the Secretary of State.The prescribed form is an online form found on FirstStop (FirstStop.sos.nd.gov).
A nonprofit corporation may change its registered agent or registered agent’s address on the annual report without additional fee. The option to do so is provided on the online form.
An annual report must be completed on FirstStop and may be filed online with a credit card payment or it may be printed and mailed with a check, cashier's check, or money order payable to "Secretary of State."
If a nonprofit corporation does not file an annual report by the required date:
- The corporation will be placed in Not Good Standing, and
- One year after the report is due, the corporation will be involuntarily dissolved or, in the case of a foreign corporation, the corporation’s authority will be revoked.
Annual report fees:
- $10 if the annual report is submitted on or before February 1 when using the ‘File Online’ option, or received in the Secretary of State’s office on or before February 1 when using the ‘Print and Mail’ option.
- $15 if the annual report is submitted after February 1 when using the ‘File Online’ option, or received in the Secretary of State’s office after February 1 when using the ‘Print and Mail’ option.
Reinstatement after involuntary dissolution or revocation:
- May occur within one year after the dissolution or revocation.
- Requires filing the past-due annual report and reinstatement request along with the appropriate fees.
- After the one-year reinstatement period following the involuntary dissolution or revocation, reinstatement can only occur by a court order obtained from North Dakota's Burleigh County Court filed with the Secretary of State. The court order must be accompanied by the most recent past-due annual report, registered agent statement of change, and appropriate fees.