A professional limited liability partnership must file an annual report with the Secretary of State:
- On or before March 31 of each year. (The first annual report is due in the year following the calendar year in which the professional limited liability partnership became effective in North Dakota.)
- On the form prescribed by the Secretary of State. The prescribed form is an online form found on FirstStop (FirstStop.sos.nd.gov).
- A copy of the report filed with the Secretary of State must also be provided to the regulatory board that licenses the partners providing the partnership's professional service.
An annual report must be completed on FirstStop and may be filed online with a credit card payment or it may be printed and mailed with a check, cashier's check, or money order payable to "Secretary of State."
If a professional limited liability partnership does not file an annual report by the required date:
- The partnership will be placed in Not Good Standing, and
- Six months after the report is due, the partnership’s registration will be revoked or, in the case of a foreign partnership, the partnership’s authority will be revoked.
Annual report fees:
- $25 if the annual report is submitted on or before March 31 when using the ‘File Online’ option, or received in the Secretary of State’s office on or before March 31 when using the ‘Print and Mail’ option.
- $45 if the annual report is submitted after March 31 when using the ‘File Online’ option, or received in the Secretary of State’s office after March 31 when using the ‘Print and Mail’ option.
Reinstatement after revocation:
- May occur within one year after the revocation.
- Requires filing the past-due annual report and reinstatement request along with the appropriate fees.
- After the one-year reinstatement period following the involuntary revocation, reinstatement can only occur by a court order obtained from North Dakota's Burleigh County Court filed with the Secretary of State. The court order must be accompanied by the most recent past-due annual report, registered agent statement of change, and appropriate fees.