A professional limited liability company must file an annual report with the Secretary of State:
- On or before November 15 of each year. (The first annual report is due in the year following the calendar year in which the professional limited liability company became effective in North Dakota.)
- On the form prescribed by the Secretary of State.The prescribed form is an online form found on FirstStop (FirstStop.sos.nd.gov).
- A copy of the report filed with the Secretary of State must also be provided to the regulatory board that licenses the members providing the company’s professional service.
An annual report must be completed on FirstStop and may be filed online with a credit card payment or it may be printed and mailed with a check, cashier's check, or money order payable to "Secretary of State."
If a professional limited liability company does not file an annual report by the required date:
- The company will be placed in Not Good Standing, and
- Six months after the report is due, the company will be involuntarily terminated or, in the case of a foreign company, the company’s authority will be revoked.
Annual report fees:
- $50 if the annual report is submitted on or before November 15 when using the ‘File Online’ option, or received in the Secretary of State’s office on or before November 15 when using the ‘Print and Mail’ option.
- $100 if the annual report is submitted after November 15 when using the ‘File Online’ option, or received in the Secretary of State’s office after November 15 when using the ‘Print and Mail’ option.
Reinstatement after involuntary termination or revocation:
- May occur within one year after the termination or revocation.
- Requires filing the past-due annual report and reinstatement request along with the appropriate fees.
- After the one-year reinstatement period following the involuntary termination or revocation, reinstatement can only occur by a court order obtained from North Dakota's Burleigh County Court filed with the Secretary of State. The court order must be accompanied by the most recent past-due annual report, registered agent statement of change, and appropriate fees.